My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

I grew up in Colorado, lived in Kansas for 30 years and Houston since 1989. I started out pre-med in college, switched to music, directed college choirs, directed orchestras, and served as a United Methodist ordained Minister of Music and Worship. I retired in 2011. I am married to Janette since 1965; we have two adult children and one grandchild.

Friday, January 12, 2007

The Thankful Heart

Joseph Murphy, in “The Power of Your Unconscious Mind,” writes “The thankful heart is always close to the riches of the Universe.”

Murphy posits that our unconscious mind has no will of its own, but takes directions from our own self-talk. This includes positive and negative thoughts. Our unconscious mind takes these thoughts as marching orders and executes them.

For a good night’s rest you can say, “I fully and freely forgive everyone, and sincerely wish them health and peace. I rest in security and peace. A great stillness comes over me. I wrap myself in the mantle of love. I will fear no evil for Thou art with me. In the morning I will be filled with life and love.”

It does work. I've tried it, especially when I'm so anxious about my list of tasks that I'm about to crawl out of my skin. Here's another:

“God leads me and guides me in all my ways. Perfect health is mine, and the Law of Harmony operates in my mind and body. The principle of right action and divine order govern my entire life.”

Murphy even believes that if you say that you are wealthy, you will eventually become wealthy.

I can't go that far. But I try and practice thankfulness, even thanking God for the growth that comes through hard times and/or illness.

Call me Polyanna, I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home